+ Nuffnang +

Friday, August 15, 2014

15 Aug 2014: AniManGaki 2014 (day 1) report

Currently feeling: SAY SUGAR RUSH! SUGAR RUSH!! /gets punched

Song playlist:
|| Sugar Rush - AKB48
|| Kokoro no Placard - AKB48
|| Kaze wa Fuiteiru - AKB48
|| Just Call My Name - Tsukiko Amano


==========================================

Hey there, guys! I'm (finally) through with my depression period and now I'm back to normal 8'D (don't ask me what sort of logic it is.)

Alright! So I am finally settled down and ready to write the report for AniManGaki 2014! This is my second time attending AniManGaki, and to be honest, I enjoyed this event way more than any other of the event I've attended this year! :D
A lot of old faces, a lot of new friends made, so many sweet memories, fangirling moments and just plain fun, fun, fun!! 

Like last year, AniManGaki 2014 was held in Sunway Pyramid Convention Center and over 11,500 people attended the event over the two days of the event!! Definitely bigger than last year and of course, more packed. |D

What they have prepared in store for us was different from last year, and I definitely enjoyed myself even more. xD

Alright, to break it down, I will be separating my AniManGaki 2014 report posts into 4 different posts. It will be as followed: Day 1, Day 2, Stayxxxx special and mini photoshoots.
As for this post, it will be focused on the events on day 1. I will be telling the events in the form of pictures along the way and also share some experiences. xD

The following pictures belong to me unless mentioned. Keep that in mind. (I've already asked permission from the original owners of the pictures to allow me to post the pictures from them on my blog, so yea! 8D)

======================================

Alright! Let's begin!

For day 1, I tagged along with Hana's car along with Michiru to the event venue. We didn't get lost on the way there (a little wrong turn here and there, but we found our way there, eventually huehue) and surprisingly arrived quite early! 
We rolled into the event venue first before anything else to collect my AMG Idol participant pass (which granted me a good two-day free entry to the event hall yay QvQ) then we went to KFC for a quick breakfast. I also wore my wig and lenses in there while the customers in there were staring at me like a weirdo. (hey, there were more cosplayers in McD hur), but oh well. Who am I to judge. _(:'3

The AniManGaki Idol 2014 preliminary round started at 1pm and I was nervous like shit! I chose the song "ambiguous" by GARNiDELiA for the prelims, which obviously was a bad choice because I screwed up the song. How? Well, my voice started to become bad about half an hour before the competition started. Sobs. And I kind of forgot that one part of the lyrics. Haha. ;w; 
So, of course, I didn't went through to the finals after that big flop, but hey, it was a fun experience! The other participants did a really awesome job too!! :D

The remainder of the day was pretty much me..just derping around the place...selfies with friends...and stalking people. 8D

Ah, do take note that the pics I will be uploading might not be in chronological order as I wanted it to be because I don't remember which one comes first and all sobs.

My look of the day! Haven't worn the wig from the house, coz really, it'll eventually get messy before reaching SPCC. So kinda wanna delay that and shit HAHAHAHA //gets punched


First group selfie of the day! Using two trays and timer setting, we can take a nice selfie without the use of that goddamn retarded-looking monopod. 8'D //slapped

 Photo by: Hana


 hi, derp face :D

Photo by: Hana


Sneak shot of me putting on my contact lenses. Sobs. They keep saying I so pro, no need to use big mirror (and sometimes no mirror) also can put on lens. NOT SO TRUE.

Photo by: Hana


 New friend made! Her name is Yuuko and she is also one of the participants of the AMG Idol, and she has a very cute singing voice! We became friends very quickly through our mutual love for Macross Frontier! The both of us were singing along together during Venus's performance :)



  
I tried taking a selfie of Mae and Amelia, and although the shot is nice, it turned out blur. CRYING.


 
 Together with Adam!! Nice to meet you again, bro! Thank you so much for all your support! From the auditions until the preliminaries, you were there to give me moral support. I really appreciate that. :')


 Together with the hottie Brenda wheeeee. BRENDA STOP BEING SO HOT. Y U SO HOT.

Photo by: Brenda


Haven't met Julia in forever!! It was really nice meeting you again, darling~ :)

Photo by: Julia


Ahhh my tag went the other way around :X
Yeap, look at this hobo with a wig. This hobo with a wig is me.

Photo by: Walk Walk See See Cosplay Photography


This was taken when they announced Junnie as the winner of the fourth group and that she would be moving on to the finals! Junnie really deserved it though! Her performance was absolutely stunning! :')
I like how the judges said that our group was the hardest to judge and to choose a finalist out of the three of us because all three of us were really good. I think I was definitely not ;w;

Photo by: Walk Walk See See Cosplay Photography


The fifth and lucky wildcard finalist was Johan! He was great too, and despite didn't get chosen during the initial prelims, he was chosen as a wildcard finalist! Really proud of him coz he was really good on stage xD

Photo by: Walk Walk See See Cosplay Photography


 Compiled selfie set by Miharu :) forgot to request for the individual shot with her so that I can post it, but oh well :)

LOOK AT ALL THE OTHER FABULOUS COSPLAYERS.

Photo by: Miharu


Together with Adam again! This time taken using his phone :)

Photo by: Adam Al-Zawawi


 Saw Samantha while we were lining up for the autograph session haha xD Funny how we still managed to take a selfie when we were separated into two lines lol

Photo by: Samantha


 Well, uhm...YOLO MODE 8D
My nostrils so fab huehue 

Photo by: Samantha


 I couldn't find Chiaki, but I found Taka instead. Taka so ikemen as Kise in pilot version ;w;)/

Photo by: Miharu


 I am surrounded by the fabulous people HAHAHAHA //nosebleed
Rin is cosplayed by Chinnie, whereas Sousuke is cosplayed by none other than the (ikemen) Bean yayyyy :3
Miharu kept pointing out about making me use this as my desktop. (not yet, coz my current desktop is still nicer //gets punched)

Photo by: Miharu


 I have my very own Levi harem HUEHUEHUHEUEHUE.
The one on the left is Miharu, and the one on the right is Junkyo. :3
Can I be a bit of a narcissist for once? I have to admit that I look very pretty in this shot =w= //kicked


 Everyone keeps saying that my eyes look big.
After denying it for the entire day...and then looking at this pic...okay I admit it ;w;
BUT ONLY WITH CIRCLE LENSES AND MAKEUP. They are wonderful stuff.


 Yayyyy got to meet with Sky and Yuan too!! :3
DAMN THEY LOOK TOO GOOD.


Took another shot with Yuuko because I told her that the lighting was better, and indeed the photo was much prettier *3*)/


Downside of a DSLR selfie: DO YOU SEE ALL THE BLEMISHES ON MY SKIN? COZ I CAN SEE IT.

Photo by: Feito


 I like this YOLO mode face of mine. HUEHUE.
NOH, FEITO, YOU DON'T KAWAII IN FRONT OF ME.

Photo by: Feito


 Now, I know you must be wondering why I took a photo of this piano. I mean, it's just a piano to you, but NOT TO ME.
THIS VERY PIANO HAS BEEN TOUCHED BY THE GODLY PIANIST HIMSELF, ANIMENZ.

YES, ANIMENZ FRICCKIN TOUCHED THIS PIANO. AAAAAAAA


 Took a little shot of the crowd that were watching the AMG Idol while it was going on. It's kind of a way for me to cool down while I'm busy being nervous |D


 Before the starts of the AMG Idol, I SAW ANIMENZ. I FUCKING SAW ANIMENZ. I SAW THE MAN HIMSELF AAAAAAAAA

Totally stalker mode at this point hur


ANIMENZ-SENPAIIIIIII QuQ)
 

 Animenz had a full concert later that night, but I couldn't attend because Sunway is just too far from my house and I can't go home late or else my mom would chop me up into pieces orz

So, I can only admire him from afar. ANIMENZZZZZZZZZ~~~


 Yayyyy to my girl, Chelcy!! :3 //morest morest


Rosa Rosaaaa :3 Rosa was cosplaying as Akira from Togainu no Chi!


 Toilet selfies!!! Because we totally can~ 8D

Photo by: Hana


NOH, don't ask me why I posed like that _(:'3
 From left: me, Rosa, Hana, Michiru and Haruhi~ :)

Photo by: Hana


 Yayayayayayyyyy met with L again after so long!! It's nice to see her again after so long~ :3


Met my papa Celestia first thing in the morning, and once again after that, but I only got the chance to take a selfie with her just before we left the event venue! I missed you, papa~ ;w; //huggles

HAHA makeup got smudged off slightly by the end of the day. Oh well~ ;w;

====================================
And with that, AMG day 1 came to an end for me! As mentioned above, Animenz's concert happened later that night, but I wasn't able to attend it coz I was following Hana's car and we had to go back before the traffic jam got worse orz.

I didn't expect to have so many photos taken on day 1, regardless of who took it, coz I was way too busy for my own good @@

But it was nice meeting all the people there on day 1!

Alright, I will be taking a break from the laptop now and later I will update the post for AMG day 2! Stay tuned!! :D

XOXO,

-Yukino-

No comments:

Post a Comment