+ Nuffnang +

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

10 Aug 2011: An experience like no other~

Mood: A little frustrated, but I'm now in the process of trying to calm myself down~ :)

Currently listening to:
> Freely Tomorrow - Miku Hatsune
> Glow - Celestial Chorus (cover version, original version by Miku Hatsune APPEND DARK)
> Anak Kampung - Jimmy Palikat (K.2, S.8/2011 Kem PLKN Miri trainees' fave song~ XD)

===================================

Ohaithar, internet folks!! :D

And as you can see, today's topic will be on my experience of a lifetime like no other, which is the time that I spent in National Service. :)

Honestly, when I first got the news that I've been chosen to be a trainee for National Service, my mindset was on 50/50, which meant that I was 50% excited and 50% reluctant to go for it. :/
but after being heavily lectured and convinced by my family and friends, I finally made that mindset of mine to 80/20, which was obviously better though there's still some 20% of reluctancy to go for it.

When the first batch of trainees were announced, I was rather disappointed that I wasn't chosen to go for the first batch~ :/ but since I had no choice, so I had to wait for a good 5 1/2 months at home, rolling on the bed and sitting in front of the computer for hours everyday while waiting for the news for second batch to be announced. (gained quite some weight along the way~ :/)

Til one day, 3 weeks before the second batch of trainees are scheduled to go to their respective camps, I recieved the letter from Jabatan Latihan Khidmat Negara.

And guess what? I'm to be sent to Miri for National Service!! And my first reaction upon seeing the place I'm being sent to was as below...

w(OAO)w|||
WHUTT??????????????

MIRI, SARAWAK???????????

SO DAMN FAR!!!!!!!!

But then, I heard from my seniors who had been to National Service camps in Sarawak that Sarawak camps are the best in the country~ so after taking their words into consideration, I began preparing for Miri, Sarawak. :)
went for medical checkups, photostating this and that, filling up all the required forms, preparing myself both physically and mentally for the time to arrive.

And when 16 May finally arrived, I was really really really excited yet reluctant to leave my family~ D: wanted to cry when I was about to board the bus, but I just held my tears in~ D':

Arrived at the Miri camp at about 4pm on the same day~ and of course, first time alone in a distant and foreign place, no sense of comfort without my family along me. Though there are my newfound friends along with me, but their presence serves as just a mere minor distraction for me.

First week while I was there, of course there was not much activities yet, so it was pretty boring. :/
the fun (kinda) started when our Character Builing class began, when I was placed in the same class as one of my friend that I made back when we were still in KLIA. He, Mizi, was a really nice guy (though he's kind of a softy~ |D) and he was the only person whom I talk to in class. XDD we would always hangout with each other during class, during breaktime and after class, and we got really, really close~ ^^

Soon after, more physical activities kicked in and situations in the camp started to kick up a notch and became more interesting and awesome~ ;D
A-frame, creative sports, silent footdrill, friendly sports competition, Flying Fox, M-16 shooting, Jungle Trekking and SO MUCH MORE!!!!!
All were pretty tiring while doing it, but along the way, they were all REALLY REALLY FUN~ <3

As time passes by, I began to enjoy the life in the camp. Though there were strict rules to follow (yea, it's under the supervision of the army, what d'ya expect?? =w=+) but the trainers were all really supporting, so all things done and life there was a fun time to go through ~ :3

So much fun, in fact, that I actually forgot how time was passing by REAL FAST and 2 1/2 months was gone, JUST. LIKE. THAT.
and 30 July came around in just a blink of an eye.

30 July was a real hard day to go through, because of the mixed emotion of having to leave my new found friends behind and meeting my family again~
happy, sad, all in one. It was a really complicated day for me.
But after returning home, I realized that...I'M HOME. :D
and there's no place like home.
I know I missed my family a lot while I was in camp, but I know...at the same time, how I wish I could go back to the camp and go through the National Service training all over again~ :3
But what can I do? I've left the place after completing the training, so there's no way I could go back there to undergo the training again, UNLESS I go back there and work as a trainer~ ;) (which is obviously I.M.P.O.S.S.I.B.L.E coz I have to continue with my studies for the next few years while my special someone go back there to become a trainee and I won't be able to see him for a few years~ TT____TT)

Now, almost two weeks after I've returned from National Service and I look back at all the ups and downs I've went through during my 2 1/2 months time as a National Service trainee in the Miri Camp, I realized how lucky I was to be sent to Sarawak as I was able to learn a whole new culture (unlike if I was just sent to a Peninsula Malaysia camp, just the same thing~ ==) and also learn how to live like them. And also, a Sarawak camp is better in my opinion because they are being run by the Sarawak locals, and usually that means they run it a tad bit better~ *w*
also, I'm lucky to have been sent to that camp because the trainers are real nice and kind, which made it more fun to have been able to be in that camp for 2 1/2 months.

Being able to go for National Service in the Miri Camp was an experience like no other for me, and it is something that I will treasure for the rest of my life.
And, if given a second chance, I would very much like to go back there again. :D
If not as a trainee or even a trainer, just as a visitor will do very much for me. <3

=====================================

A little note for all my widdle juniors and those of the same age as me who have yet to go for National Service:
Don't look National Service at a negative way. Though there will be some sacrifices that you have to make while in the camp, but as you go through your life there, you will find that it's a really really precious experience.
Yes, we all heard the news that from next year onwards, each National Service session is 6 months long. Don't freak out. Look at it as a real good opportunity for you (as for me, I curse the government for not implementing that session time length for when I was still in National Service~ =3= and I would do anything to go through 6 months of training. And yes, 6 months' time of training means I get to shoot using the M-16 TWICE!! OR EVEN THRICE!!! Q^Q)
Look forward to it, and try not to postpone it to later years to continue studying first (unless you really have to) when you recieve the letter. It's better for you to go for the training now rather than later coz, sooner or later, you'll still have to go through it, unless you have a real good reason for not being able to go~ :3

Learn how to enjoy every hardship of the trainings, coz they will be worth it when you enjoy every single moment there~ ^^

========================================

That's about it for today ne~ :3
the pictures will still have to wait coz the damn broadband is being a nuisance to me. It's making me not being able to upload my pics~ =3=
any hows, maybe throwing them into my blog will work, but that's gotta wait til....maybe later~ >_< coz I still have some sorting out to do. Latest by next week, they should be up. This weekend's gonna be pretty busy~ @@

and oh, just so you know, I'll be celebrating my legal age year (18 years old~ XDD) this coming Sunday~ 8DD (14 August!!!! O3O) <3
hehehehehhh~XDD


XOXO~

ARRIVEDERCI!!!!!!


(P.S: I'm still currently finding a way on how to continue my fanfiction project...coz right now, my brain's still NOT WORKING TO THINK OF HOW TO CONTINUE IT~~~ TTATT)


No comments:

Post a Comment